Monday, December 19, 2011

High protein vegetarian cooking: Ground seitan with lentils

I made a cooking show!!

I am a vegetarian, and since I am also an athlete, I have to make an extra effort to consume protein.

I also do not care for cooking. Not that it's not enjoyable, but it's just not how I want to spend my time.

So over the years I've come up with a few repeatable recipes I use. High protein, vegetarian (most are vegan), and easy.

I decided that these are things some of my readers might want to know. Most aerialists need to eat healthy, and I know I'm not the only vegetarian poler out there. So I finally went through with my plan to make a cooking show!



Here's the written version.

Tools: cast iron skillet
colander
spatula or stirring spoon

Ingredients:

1 package ground seitan (Westsoy or, in this case, Upton's Naturals)
1 can lentils
leftover vegetables (optional)
olive oil or cooking oil of preference

Instructions:

1. Pour seitan into oiled skillet. If you're using Upton's Naturals, you'll have to crumble it or chop it with a spatula.
2. Drain and rinse lentils in colander.
3. Add lentils to seitan and stir.
4. (optional) Add vegetables and stir.
5. Turn off stove and season to taste.

If you don't add vegetables, try to serve alongside. I prefer a fresh cucumber or tomato.

Easy, healthy comfort food for us busy vegetarian athletes. Bon appetit! (My mom made me add that part in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment